WOMEN IN INSOLVENCY AND RESTRUCTURING VICTORIA INCORPORATED
While we are not bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) we have based this Collection Notice on APP5.2 to the extent that it is relevant to Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Victoria Incorporated (WIRV, we, us, our) when it collects personal information about you.
Purpose of Collection
WIRV collects personal information about you primarily to:
- provide you with the goods, services and information that you request from us;
- record and manage your membership and attendance at seminars or events; and
- provide you with information about WIRV products or services, including to invite you to seminars, functions or events hosted by WIRV.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would do so we may use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the primary purposes set out above. This may include us using or disclosing that personal information to:
- send newsletters to you;
- include your details in our Directory of Members;
- inform you of products that can be purchased from WIRV;
- inform you of developments at WIRV and other services that we can provide; and
- assist you with enquiries or complaints.
If possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of the above and any of our marketing activities. We will respect your request to decline to receive marketing communications if such a request is made of us by you.
In some cases we will be required or authorised by Australian law, or the order of a court or tribunal to collect personal information about you .
If you do not provide the necessary personal information we may not be able to provide the service, product or information you have requested from us.
How it is collected
Unless it is unreasonable and impracticable to do so, we will collect your personal information from you directly.
In some cases however, we may collect information about you from a third party, such as your employer or firm, or from other third parties.
Naturally we collect and hold a broad range of personal information gathered during the course of providing our products or services. However we strive to ensure that we collect and hold only that personal information which is relevant and necessary to the product, service or information you have requested from us.
We will take reasonable steps to let you know when we have collected your personal information, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- other branches of IWIRC; and
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include market research analysts, file storage service providers, database and mailing service providers, couriers and/or freight service providers, printers, call centers, providers of payment processing and identity verification services and IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision).
Those companies will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to you. WIRV takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to other WIRV members through our Directory of Members.
We are not likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Our contact details in respect of any issues in relation to privacy are:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org