What are the WIRV Awards?
The WIRV Awards recognise outstanding female and male champions of change in the restructuring and insolvency industry, including accountants, lawyers, bankers, advisors and consultants. The award winners are decided by an independent panel of judges, via a stringent and independent list of judging criteria.
When are the WIRV Awards?
We are pleased to announce that the 2020 WIRV Awards Nominations are now open! Further details, including links to nomination forms for each categories, are set out below.
Past WIRV Awards Winners
- Young Gun Award – Christie Jones, Victorian Bar
- Outstanding Female Award – Leanne Chesser, KordaMentha
- Male Champion of Change – Nathanial Kitingan, Macpherson and Kelley Lawyers
- Young Gun Award – Vanessa Munnecke, Kalus Kenny Intelex
- Outstanding Female Award – Radhika Kanhai, Cornwall Stodart
- Male Champion of Change – Greg Keith, Grant Thornton
- Young Gun Award – Kathryn Smith, Ashurst
The 2020 WIRV Awards feature four awards in the categories set out below:
- Young Gun Award
This category is open to nominees with 1 to 5 years’ experience in the insolvency industry. We are seeking nominations across all areas of insolvency and restructuring. Click here to start the nomination process for the Young Gun Award.
- Outstanding Female Award
WIRV is seeking nominations for females who are role models in insolvency and restructuring, and/or have made an outstanding contribution to the industry. This category is open to all females in the insolvency and restructuring industry. Click here to start the nomination process for the Outstanding Female Award.
- Male Champion of Change Award
This category is open to males who have been champions of change in the insolvency and restructuring industry. Male Champions of Change use their individual and collective leadership to elevate gender equality as an issue of national, international, social and economic importance. Click here to start the nomination process for the Male Champion of Change Award.
- Gender Diversity Firm of the Year Award
We are excited to announce that this year we have added a fourth category: Gender Diversity Firm of the Year. This award recognises the business in the Insolvency and Restructuring Industry that has demonstrated the best balance of gender diversity and commitment to the progression of women within the Firm, and more broadly within the industry. Click here to start the nomination process for the Gender Diversity Firm of the Year Award.
Please note that all nominations are submitted to the WIRV Awards Committee and are strictly confidential. The WIRV Awards Committee then send the nominations to the Independent Panel of Judges for review and scoring.
This year we have a distinguished list of judges, including:
- David Bergman, National Manager and Official Receiver, Insolvency and Trustee Services of the Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA);
- Nayanisha Samarakoon, Senior Manager, Corporations, of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC); and
- Leanne Chesser, Partner at KordaMentha and the winner of the 2019 Outstanding Female Award.
Please contact us here with any questions relating to the WIRV 2020 Awards.
Nominations close on 31 July 2020.