About the Professional Development Sub-committee
The Professional Development Subcommittee’s key objective is to provide professional development opportunities for WIRV members. This is achieved through organising WIRV’s breakfast/lunch briefings throughout the year. These briefings range from soft skills sessions, to technical updates, to broader topics of interest to the insolvency and restructuring profession and WIRV members.
The Professional Development Subcommittee’s responsibilities include: liaising with sponsor/host companies, putting forward and finalising topics for each session, securing speakers and managing the event. The Professional Development Subcommittee aims to host between 8 and 10 briefings each calendar year.
We are always looking for speakers and firms to host our briefings. If you are interested in presenting at one of our Professional Development briefings, or if your firm would like to host a briefing throughout the year, please contact the Chair by email at email@example.com. Hosting a briefing provides an excellent opportunity to showcase your firm and some of the talented individuals within it.
For more information about the joining the professional development sub-committee please contact the Chair by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development sub-committee events
2018 briefing topics have included:
- “Arrium Administration – complexities and challenges” presented by Bryan Webster and Sebastian Hams, KordaMentha and sponsored by Korda Mentha.
- “Cryptocurrency Puzzles and Promises in Insolvency” presented by David Kreltszheim from Cornwall Stodart and sponsored by Cornwall Stodart.
- “Environmental Issues in Insolvency” presented by Samantha Kinsey and Emily Heffernan, King & Wood Mallesons and sponsored by King & Wood Mallesons.
- “Cyber Security and new privacy laws” presented by Matt Green, Grant Thornton and sponsored by Grant Thornton.
- “Commercial Trading Trusts” presented by Mitchell Grady, Victorian Bar and sponsored by Maddocks.